Feature "Search and retrieve"
From SMW CindyKate - Main
- Principle "Filter when you can, query when you have to.", Concept "Where to search"
- Queries return score
- Filtered queries match or do no match
- Construct Search Requests Elasticsearch as queries in combination with filter(s)
- Search requests are sent to a Node Elasticsearch, which sends it to all primary and replica shards for the index(es) being queried and returns sorted and ranked search results
- Default Search Routing Elasticsearch is "query_then_fetch"
- Search Request Scope Elasticsearch can be specified: indices, types, Index Aliases Elasticsearch (for searching multiple indexes)
- query (search for docs containing "xyz" limited to docs having e.g. status=active)
- _source (configure this to filter fields to be returned, if no stored field has been defined in mapping then the field is returned from _source, _source filtering is cheaper than using stored fields)
- The Search API Elasticsearch implements the Query DSL Elasticsearch and the Filter DSL Elasticsearch