UseCase "Assign responsible editor"
From SMW CindyKate - Main
Background: * BS: I log in as standard user (having permission "pageassignments")
@detail Scenario: Detailed User Actions * I visit page "My Page 0" * I open the page menu "MORE" * I select "Edit assignment" * In the pop up window "Assignments" I select a group/user that I want to assign as responsible editor(s) * I click "Ok"
@main Scenario: Summarizing Single Step
What are the is-motivating factors for carrying out this use case?
You want to define distinct users and/or distinct user groups as being responsible for a page, which means that:
- they are informed whenever a page is changed/moved/deleted, and/or
- they are are the only ones who can change/move/delete a page.
What are the configuration requirements/options in connection with this use case?
- In order to be eligible as responsible editors, corresponding users must belong to a group that has the BlueSpice Permission "pageassignable".
- In order to assign responsible editors to pages and view Special:ManagePageAssignments, corresponding users must belong to a group that has the BlueSpice Permission "pageassignments".
- On page "Special:BlueSpicePreferences" in section "Page Assignments" you can set additional permissions to be granted to assigned responsible editors, i.e. even if those users do not have those permissions originally.
- You can enable/disable e-mail alerts to corresponding responsible editors individually for the page events "change", "move/rename" and "delete".
Expedient Organizational Setup "Ensure that only responsible editors/groups can change/move/rename/delete pages"
To implement this organizational setup, carry out these steps:
- Remove "edit", "move" and "delete" permissions for groups "*", "user" and "editor" in namespace "(Pages)". (See Feature "BlueSpice Permission Management")
- On page "Special:BlueSpicePreferences" in section "Page Assignments" set "Add additional permissions to assigned users" to "edit", "move" and "delete".
- Now an editor can
- only edit, move/rename or delete a page if she's assigned as a responsible editor for that page,
- use Special:PageAssignments to look up pages she's assigned to as responsible editor, and
- be automatically informed whenever a page she's assigned to as responsible editor is added, edited, moved/renamed or deleted.
What are the consequences of carrying out this use case?
- Responsible editors can view their assignments on page "Special:PageAssignments".
- A page's responsible editors are listed in the page's DETAILS pulldown section.