Recipe "How to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions"
From SMW CindyKate - Main
- The following steps are valid for Ubuntu as the VM's/guest's operating system.
- Note that the VM's/guest's operating system might require additional packages in order to be able to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions, e.g. in case of Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
- Download VBoxGuestAdditions_<version>.iso from http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/<version>/
- Insert Guest Additions CD Image…
- Log in to VM/guest
[email protected]:~$ sudo mount /dev/cdrom /mnt
- Run command corresponding to your operating system. E.g. in case of Ubuntu:
[email protected]:~$ sudo /mnt/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run --nox11
- Make sure user "user" is member of group "vboxsf" (check with
[email protected]:~$ groupsand edit
- Check if VirtualBox Guest Additions have been installed correctly: