The Three-Structure-Grades-Method organizes component content using 3 grades of data structuring:
- factorized component data in ungrouped controlled properties (object orientation)
- factorized component data in grouped controlled properties (class orientation)
- factorized component data as ungrouped uncontrolled floating properties (object orientation)
- atomized component data as free text (object orientation)
"Add arbitrary annotations to components"
- Edit a component by form
- Click tab "Floating Properties"
- Set the property name and property value(s)
This will result in the component having so-called "floating properties", which are uncontrolled in the sense that they do not belong to a certain template/aspect. Floating properties are listed as an SMW aspect here.